Information for Parents
Dropping the Kids off for a playdate at a friends or relatives house makes for an ideal childcare arrangement.
Why not formalise it with a home-based childcare provider?
Choose from one of our homebased educarers in your local area.
- All educarers and premises strictly vetted
- Small group ratio 1-4 (only 2 under 2yrs)
- Ongoing up skilling of educarers
- Ministry of Education funded
- 20 FREE ECE hours
- 9 FREE Winz hours for qualifying families
- Planned activities for individual children
- Experienced registered ECE Visiting Teachers monthly support
- A consistent relationship with one primary person
Research shows that young children's brain development benefits from consistent attachment and security is encouraging parents to look at Homebased care at Zero2Five where teacher/child ratios are lower than a preschool centre.
A home-based educarer is allowed to look after only 2 children under the age of 2yrs and only 4 children in total, which means children usually get more one-on-one time with the educarer and also have a consistent primary caregiver.
Homebased care at Zero2Five also allows for more flexible routines which can be closer to the child's home routine, something that is also valuable for consistency of between home and preschool.